Keirsten has been managing and launching community-based projects for over two decades. Her work spans communications, media relations, web design, business development, and community engagement.
After graduating from SUNY Geneseo, Keirsten co-founded the Perry Farmers’ Market, which launched in 2002. Twenty years later, the market is still growing and reviving the rural community.
In 2006, Keirsten was diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia. Regaining her health was the biggest challenge she’d ever faced. Not to be deterred, she volunteered for the American Red Cross, LiveStrong, the George Washington Cancer Center, and Imerman Angels during her treatment and recovery.
In 2008, Keirsten launched Shaffer & Associates, a communications and public relations agency. In 2010, she launched Lila Pilates LLC, a pilates, yoga, and massage therapy studio.
Today, Keirsten continues to serve clients through Shaffer & Associates. Additionally, she works full-time for the Hemophilia Federation of America, an advocacy organization for patients with bleeding disorders.
Keirsten lives in Washington, DC and roots for the Buffalo Bills. #gobills
- ADA Digital Accessibility
- HTML5, CSS3
- Business Analytics (in progress)
- Programming for Data Science with Python (in progress)
- Astra Pro Bundle
- Elementor Pro
- Yoast SEO Premium
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe XD
- Google Insights & Analytics
- Keynote Speaker, WYCO Chamber of Commerce Annual Women’s Summit
- Keynote Speaker, LiveStrong Golf Fundraiser
- Spokesperson, Corning’s Gaffer District Blood Drive
- Copywriting and Designer, the George Washington Cancer Center
- Pilates Instructor, WYCO Hospital Behavioral Health
- Pilates Instructor, University of Rochester
- Pilates Instructor, Perry Central Schools
- Pilates Instructor, Teresa House
- Pilates Instructor, Chances & Changes
- Yoga Instructor, Rochester’s Mental Health Association
- Yoga Instructor, Riverbank House
- Volunteer, Imerman Angels
- State University of New York at Geneseo, BA in Communications
- The George Washington University, Healthcare Marketing (non-degree)